Sunday, September 2, 2012

For my portfolio, I am working on intimate family photography.  If my son cooperates, I am going to try and stick to a theme each week. However I learned this week that while the apple of my eye may be a wonderful muse, he and I have different ideas about how the photos are going to go.  This week is all about Hands & Feet. I feel like even the toughest hard can melt when a little baby gets his hand wrapped around your finger, and the juxtaposition of their strength and fragility in that moment is incredibly intimate. This is one of my favorite photos of the week, along with one of my favorite times. I love when we get our hands all weaved together and it just becomes a tangled mess of fingers, smiles, and love!

3 comments:

  1. I love hands and feet... that's thinking visually and going beyond just the face... hands are so expressive and the way yours and his are interacting is wonderful...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Catherine, This is a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pictures like this because it captures the most unique moments of interaction with a child

    ReplyDelete