Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Week 4 - Digital Photography II



Above, are my two favorite shots for week four.  I had ordered a lens filter for my camera, allowing me to get closer to a subject in Macro mode, without having to spend a lot of money for a new lens (thank you for the suggestion, Professor Nevins!).  Anyway, my filter finally came, so I have been experimenting with it.  These are two of my best so far, and I'll probably post an update once I find a garden with some better flowers and other plant life.

2 comments:

  1. I am really loving the clarity of each flower. That's how I want to be able to capture up close photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good tip for focusing is to move your body in and out on the subject, timing the shutter release to the movement, just as it reaches its maximum sharpness... A tripod can also be a big help.

    Try looking at raindrops on leaves too... working when its overcast or having just rained is a great time to shoot in the garden.

    ReplyDelete