Sunday, September 16, 2012


This week I am calling “Baby Face”. I wanted to focus on black and white portraits of Gabriel. I think that the shots I captured this week fit in perfectly with my ongoing portfolio of intimate family photography. His eyes are just so wide and his face so expressive I could take pictures of him all day long – but I settle for however long he will let me. I really enjoy using black and white – I am not sure what it is about it, but when all the colors are washed away it seems to become a bit more intimate and emotional for me.


This is my favorite pic of the week. It may be a little bit over exposed in the background but it certainly providers a contrast which I think it helps to draw you to his eyes and mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Do work to light his face by observing where the source of light is..Sometimes we may need to move furniture (if his changing table is up against the wall the window is on, for instance)

    ReplyDelete