Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 3 - Digital Photography II

Though I'm trying to work more with the macro environment, I tried to go along with a previous theme of "urban art," and shadows, light, etc.  The above was one of my favorite photos for the week, as I enjoy the lines of the fence, fading out of focus.  The rustic look of the sign also adds an interesting touch to the photo.

 This picture was actually taken somewhat by accident, but I ended up really liking it.  The picture is of a little section of moss that is on a sewer manhole cover.  Though you may not be able to see it because of the size of this picture within the blog, the moss is actually a very complex little plant.  I also like the way the light casts itself inconsistently over the canvas, making a cool web of shadows.

2 comments:

  1. I really like both of these photos especially the photo taken by accident. It is so precise

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you click on a picture it opens it in a new window at a much larger size.

    The moss is interesting in its contrast with the rusted steel. How is it growing there? Nice light too...

    ReplyDelete